|Folder Scope & Content||B'nai B'rith Breitbard Lodge|
|Collection||Ralph & Roberta Wagner Berman Collection|
|Box / Folder||RWB01|
|Collection Location||Special Collections and University Archives|
|Dates of Creation||1958-1980|
|Dates of Accumulation|
(RWB)-Ralph & Roberta Wagner Berman Collection. Small 2 boxes collection. Document Box #1 consisting of: papers, photographs and contents of B'nai B'rith scrapbooks and albums of B'nai B'rith Breitbard Lodge, plus Commemorative Bible, photo box, and one book. Smaller Box #2 cointaining Lodge pins and ribbons; and gavel.
The materials in this collection were donated to the Jewish Historical Society of San Diego by Ralph Berman and Roberta Wagner Berman and Leo Karel in 2001. Ralph Berman and Leo Karel were both presidents of the North Shores Lodge #2205, which was founded in 1958. In 1966 the lodge was renamed in honor of Edward A. Breitbard.
The Independent Order of B'nai B'rith, founded in 1843, is the oldest continually operating Jewish service organization in the world, with lodges and chapters worldwide. The first San Diego lodge, the Lasker Lodge #370 was founded in 1887. From that original lodge came the Weinberger Lodge, the North Shores Lodge, later renamed the Breitbard Lodge, as well as several others. The Weinberger and Breitbard later merged to form the Weinberger Breitbard Lodge.